Monday, 7 July 2014

I Think I've Finished My Painting.

By which I mean, of course, that I have looked at it and looked at it, and furrowed my brow, and there is one bit that I just absolutely do not like, but I can't figure out how to fix it. So before I ruin it some more with my botched attempts, here is a not especially amazing photo of it.
I hear they prop stuff up on blankets in the Louvre.
 So there you go. I'm not going to tell you which bit I don't like, just in case you haven't noticed it.


One of my favourite things about painting, and a thing I like to look at in galleries, is how the paint looks so different close up than it does from far away. Like the principles of pointillism, I suppose, but... not the same.

This is my favourite picture of it. Looks better wonky!
I've started planning what to paint next, and am trying to decide what I need to write next too. Slowly but surely, working on my own stuff in my own time is becoming normal again. I've missed it a lot.

Kx

No comments:

Post a Comment