Sunday, 13 October 2013

Soup, Soup, Glorious Soup.

Let's not go into the ins and outs of the past few months, but the long and short of it is that I have ended up with eight cans of pumpkin. I've made sort-of cereal bars with pumpkin before but let's be honest, there is so much more to pumpkin than sort-of cereal bars. I tried out a few recipes (and there are still a few more on the cards as I'm only 5 cans down... such as chocolate pumpkin gingerbread!) but the one which is my favourite and which is standing up to repeated makings is the soup... And as I'm such a giving person, here it is.
 
Pumpkin, Carrot & Ginger Soup
 
2 onions, roughly chopped
4 cloves of garlic, minced
2-3 tsps crushed ginger
 
 In giant pan, saut√©.
 
3kg carrots, roughly chopped
 
If you don't want to commit brutal ear murder, you may wish to not make the same mistake I did, and instead avoid chopping all those carrots on a glass board. Stick 'em in and cover with approximately...
 
Yup, that's some fancy Kenco nuzzling some Night Nurse. I have a very small kitchen.
 
3 litres vegetable stock
 
Boil until tender.
 
 
15oz can of pumpkin
 
Add. Stir. Pull off the heat and bleeeeeeeeend. I do so love my immersion blender.
 

Sage, parsley, chives and pepper
(sh!t load. I may have over-peppered mine. If that's even possible.)


And stir. And eat as much as humanly possible. This serves about 12 if you run to normal sized portions, but I tend to run towards 6-8 portions myself. It freezes really well too.
 
After something of a lull, I'm getting back in to cooking. I started cutting out the dairy and it really rekindled my interest and I've been trying out a lot of new recipes. It's certainly a lot cheaper cooking big pots of stuff, and a hell of a lot healthier! Back on the writing too, and started drawing. Finally, stuff's getting back to normal:)

No comments:

Post a Comment