Wednesday, 16 October 2013

Bye-Bye Bourbon Biscuits

Another cooking post. This isn't turning into an entirely cooking blog - there will be writing and drawing stuff on here too! But as yesterday I realised my ideal job would be running a bookshop/café/art gallery, I guess it all makes sense!
 
I mentioned the other day that I was going to make Chocolate Pumpkin Gingerbread, and I did so, but there were some things that this recipe did not make clear. Firstly, it did not say that you would barely be able to taste the ginger. Gingerbread, my arse. But secondly, and arguably most importantly, it didn't say that  it was the nicest chocolate brownie I would ever eat, ever, and that it would make even bourbons (my old friend) pale into insignificance.
Doesn't look like much, does it? But wait...

Goooooooooey...
Oh yes, the pumpkin makes it just so moist, and dense, and just perfectly chewy. The top even has that great crumbly crunchiness a really good brownie has to have.

In my bourbon biscuit tin; proof if proof were needed that they are my new true love.
And entirely vegan. It's fair to say I was, in a small way, slightly addicted to bourbons before. I could never pass a bourbon by, and if I saw a bourbon in need of eating, I would help it out. I was kind like that. Not now; they've lost their fascination and today I even reached beyond a large pile of them to get a banana. I could almost see my past self screaming and slow motion running towards me.
 
But it's nice. And so much better for me, and now I have a new dessert to add to my repertoire! I must put my recipe for cheese-less lime and ginger cheese cakes up here at some point. And some drawing and writing stuff. Back on it, y'all.
 
KHx

No comments:

Post a Comment