Thursday, 3 November 2011

Here we go again...

It's been ages since I actually wrote anything. Not like blogs (although that has been lengthy) or tweets or whatever, but it's been months since I actually worked on a manuscript. My previous WiP has kept me busy with all the things WiPs do keep you busy with once the actual words are down and polished, but now, finally, the time has come to start work on my new WiP.

Part of me wants to start scribbling straight away, perhaps take advantage of NaNoWriMo and get 50k down as soon as possible. But it was a younger Katherine who wrote like that, and I would have learned nothing from the past year of work if I did that. I ain't a pantser - that much is certain. So I'm planning and plotting, and the last time I did that seems so long ago, it's like learning how to do it all over again. That's not a bad thing, though. All being well, I intend to be ready to start getting words down at the beginning of the next month, and I can't wait!

So that's exciting. Really exciting, actually. And while the past year has had its stresses and pains, I think it's only underlined that this is what I want to do. Which is handy.

No comments:

Post a Comment