Wednesday, 12 October 2011

Happy 100th Post!

So apparently it's my 100th post. Fancy that! I remember when this blog was little more than a cheeky gleam in Blogger's eye. But what to do to celebrate such a milestone? I could have a contest - but for that I'd need a)prizes and b)competitors, and that just seems like a lot of work. I could do a look-back over blog posts of the past, perhaps compiling a hall of fame or sighing, doe-eyed over happy memories, reliving the highs and lows of the past 2 years. But that seems kinda lame. If I don't care about it, I sure as hell doubt anyone else will.

So I guess I'll just do nothing. Except continue posting in the style to which we've become accustomed; I'm guna have a little moan and give out some useless info, as well as possibly mentioning cake at some point. ON WITH THE SHOW!

I know, I know, I've been pretty quiet on the blog front over the past few months. Shut up, I've been busy. I finished my WiP, polished my WiP, agonised over query letters, trawled through conflicting blogs and websites for some sort of set of rules, re-wrote, re-wrote again, despaired, and finally accepted that this was the best it was guna get. Then I moved on to my synopsis. That was three weeks ago. I still haven't finished it. WHY IS IT SO HARD?

But everyone thinks it's hard, and after masses of procrastination and whining I've finally got on with it, and have a draft that still needs a lot of polishing, but is at least better than the blank page I was sighing over.

I've written synopsises (synopses? synopsi?) for stuff in the past and I just rattled them out. Let's just chalk that up on the list of 'Mistakes Katherine Made When She Was Slightly Younger and Slightly More Stupid'. While my new, improved synopsis skills are still untested, at least I'm putting about 100x more effort in. I guess the proof of the pudding will be in the tasting.

Another reason I've been quiet is because I've had a lot of *what-am-I-doing-with-my-life* introspection and all sorts of teeny emo whining and moping about going on. I'm sorted now. I think sometimes you just need to get a bit emo to get your life in order and make sure you're going in the right direction. There's stuff in the works, put it that way, which should make this blog a bit more interesting and make me more productive and STUFF.

So that's what's been happening. Aren't you glad I didn't blog that, angsty second by angsty second, and spam it onto twitter and facebook? Of course you are. Don't say I'm not good to you. I so totally am.

PS, my Mum made Mr D a choc/mint birthday cake. ITWASAWESOME. There. Now I've moaned, given you useless info, and mentioned cake. My work here is done.

No comments:

Post a Comment