Friday, 11 March 2011

Goals and Targets and Shops, Oh My!

So I've been laid a bit low recently, by a number of things. I'll not bore you with the details, but rest assured that none of them were all that bad, and I was just being a bit Eeyore with everything.

Nonetheless, spells like that are often quite good for giving me the kick up the backside I generally need to get things done, and as a result, I wrote A PLAN. This detailed the things I wanted to achieve this year, and a schedule of things to do to achieve them.

My writing output on my WiP was pitifully small, so I've set myself the target of 5000 words a week, with the goal of having finished the first draft by the 6th June. I've done 3500 ish words so far this week, so I'm well on the way to meeting my first target:) Feels so much better to be doing some actual work now!

Another goal was one I've been thinking about for a while. I've set up a store on Zazzle.com, which is a reader and writer gift shop. I'll be expanding the items in stock over time, but there are a few bits on there already:) As you can see, I'm sticking with the hand-drawn Times New Roman and ink splats!
I'll be linking to the store more comprehensively this weekend when I've created the buttons, but for now the shop can be accessed via the ad at the bottom of this page or this large word:

Take a look around, and let me know what you think!

2 comments:

  1. I love the bags! Good luck with the shop and well done for setting yourself goals,

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous! Love the shop! And love the 3500 words this week even more! Progress is good!

    ReplyDelete