Sunday, 25 July 2010

Pack-tastic

I was so proud when I came up with *Pack-tastic* on Twitter that I thought I'd use it on here as well. Indeed.

But this week is Pack-tastic, or at least should have been, but I couldn't be bothered so this weekend is hecticly pack-tastic and you find me in my pyjamas still packing and taking a break between rooms. Moving on Wednesday, and while that still means I've got AGES, I'm at work Monday and Tuesday and visiting friends on Monday evening. Mr Dishington is available to pack those days but I don't want to leave it all to him.

In NaNoNews (or rather, They all look like Penguins) I.... haven't written much. I know it isn't what you're supposed to do but I've re-written the opening about seven times now. I don't know about you, though, but if my opener isn't right, I just can't progress onto the rest of the book. I rewrote the first few hundred words of Guin because it just didn't feel right. I know I can go back and change it at any point, but the first few paragraphs set the tone for the entire book and if I don't get it right I feel like the whole rest of the book won't be right as well.

So that's where we are. Or rather, I haven't written anything really, and am sitting in my pyjamas in a bomb-site of a room sneezing every few seconds. That, more precisely, is where I am. Really excited about changing jobs, and starting the new one on Thursday. So much to do! Should probably get on with it.

On another note, here is one of my favourite songs of ever, VERY VERY LOUD:

No comments:

Post a Comment