Sunday, 25 April 2010

'But maybe that's just me' and other tales

Hello there.
Good weekend?

So, much afoot this week! Nothing new published etc but I have been the busiest of bunnies. If you recall, I've been looking into starting draft 2 of the NaNoWriMo. It's going ok, actually. I've re-read the thing, and from being absolute twaddle at the beginning, I find I quite like how it ends up. It's going to change quite drastically in construction but I'm really looking forward to starting it.

I stripped my notice board of all the sentimental stuff I've collected over the past year or so and covered it with plain paper to make a sort of white board, which is proving really useful (my actual whiteboard is a) too small and b) full of Guinery). It's also something of a mood board and I've got a few images and bits hung up there for inspiration etc.

As it is though, I don't feel like I can devote the time to it that it deserves while I'm still doing Guin every week. Similarly, I don't want Guin to suffer, so I've (hopefully) come up with a (decent) way out of this quandry. Having reassessed and begun to plan my new draft for NaNo I'm guna leave it for a bit longer (while still thinking about it etc) and concentrate over the next few weeks on getting Guin done. Once I've finished it - although it is still officially draft one, I can devote myself entirely, completely and utterly to NaNo. I may even marry it, we'll just have to see! My official NaNo working title is now "But maybe that's just me", which feels a bit more contemporary and, dare I say, chick lit? Is it silly?

All of this, of course, means my other output (articles, reviews etc) will go significantly down for a few weeks, although I hope I'll still get to do a few!

In other news, after weeks of planning and not doing it for some reason or other, finally went to do a new shoot with Mr Dishington today! Should get my new, summery photos soon, and brighten up the site!

Apologies for all the brackets this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment