Sunday, 14 March 2010

Writer's block

Is that where the apostrophe is supposed to go? Wikipedia says yes. Anyhoo, I've sort of got it, which is annoying.

Guin was a struggle. I knew how Chapter 11 was supposed to start and end but that was it. The 1500 words in the middle were a mystery to me. I finished it about twenty minutes ago and it didn't even end in the right place but it's turned out alright I think. I hope, anyway.

After weeks of complaining to myself that nothing was happening writery-wise, things actually are, which is nice. Got an article on the News Blaze website but it's only one and it seems a bit stupid to start promoting it when all I've got is one review. It is a very good book though... I'll get the link to my profile (with a list of my articles on it) on my Links page once I've got a few more. Let's say three. Only two to go!

Possibly most exciting of all is that I've been given my own articles page on the Creative Women's Network. I have an introductory article up there already, and space for more. I'm just not decided on what I'm going to write about yet. Hmm. The very nice lady who runs the site, Jane, has been nice enough to offer me part of a seasonal piece as well:)

Also on my to-do list apart from the articles is; re-jigging my NaNoWriMo, reading a shelf-load more books and reviewing them for various places, re-writing my original Teh Big Storeh, planning a new full length Regency romance (this is on the bottom of the pile, perhaps for next year's NaNo?) and a couple more short stories I've got ideas for. Oh, and planning another photoshoot with the lovely Mr Dishington - I've certainly made the most of the shots he did for me before!

Is it bad that I'm resenting my time at my actual job because I wish I was writing? Probably not, in the long run. Either way, bills still need paying so I'll definitely be sticking it out for the forseeable.

No comments:

Post a Comment