Monday, 16 November 2009

Well, I said I'd blog.

I wrote 4500 words last night, in an unexpected flurry of activity. I started by struggling to do one and a half thousand, then decided to try for two, at which point it seemed logical to try for three, at which point I got a little carried away and realised I'd nearly reached 30,000 words total so I may as well go for it!

Upside: several days ahead in Nanowrimo, reached the scary peak of 30K, totally psyched.

Downside: so psyched I couldn't sleep, very very tired all day at work (many cups of tea helped though) and so only managed a measley 600 tonight. Meh.

Much as I'm enjoying it, I'll be glad when it's over. I want to write, I love writing, and I love doing this. But now my love has been, if not precisely rekindled, then the gas has been turned up higher, I want to write more and different things as well! I want to do articles and more shorts and TEH BIG STOREH who has been more than usually neglected of late. I'm just over half way through the month now, and I'm itching to do more! If only there were more hours in the day. Mind, I'd probably spend them all sleeping.

1 comment:

  1. Well done on the +4500
    You'll have to show me that bar chart marking your progress on Wednesday :D

    ReplyDelete