Monday, 31 August 2009

Actual Happenings

Unusually, things have actually been happening with the whole "I wana be a writer" thing, and still more unusually, it is ACTUAL things rather than things in my head. Yes, things.

So many things in fact that I was almost going to do an emergency midweek blog. I decided against it but then forgot to blog all weekend until right at the end of the bank holiday :s my bad. But on with the things! I have a new logo, v exciting! Had an about turn on the site recently, completely replanned it which has seen me deciding to do all illustrations etc myself. It's going to be largely (if not entirely) black and white, and very big on hand drawn text. I love hand drawn text. I love drawing text. Yay!

So anyway, after much umming and aahing and pondering and worrying for about a fortnight, I have finally done my header, my first illustration, a business card design, and half of my links. Much black ink has been used!

It's taking forever and I must be what, 15% up the website mountain, and feeling like I can't really justify writing again until it's ready to launch. This is all somewhat disheartening, particularly since the lovely N has redone his website almost entirely in a matter of days! That said, now I know what I'm doing with it, and it's just a matter of sitting down and getting on with it, it's an enormous weight off my mind!

So watch this space, basically. Website is on target, and as such so is the launch of the corresponding facebook page, business cards, and all other promotional whatnots. Only thing I'm behind with now is Teh Big Storeh. Eep! My Christmas deadline for that is looking slightly unlikely.... But I shall prevail! Hopefully!

I leave you with a sneak peek of the new header, enjoy:)


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment