Sunday, 26 July 2009

iPhonery and getting paid

I went and got an iPhone when I got paid this week. Perhaps an individual with greater restraint would have waited until, say, her blogsite was up and running before she felt she had earned such a fabulous toy as this. Lucky for me, I felt no such qualms. Unfortunately now the deed is done I feel a bit guilty that my writing career hasn't come to such a point where I can justify having earned this. To sort of try and make up for this, I'm blogging off my iPhone now to justify getting it.

The thing is that I haven't really done a lot of writing since I started work. I've done a bit on a few lunch hours but once I'm home, by god I'm tired. Also had a lot on my mind at the moment so my priorities have been a bit different lately. Yeah, excuses excuses, I hear ya.

But in my guilt I've written quite a bit today and it's made me feel pretty good. The lunch hours I've spent writing have given me such a good feeling, such a sort of buzz, I just wish I wasn't so tired all the time!

This rambling blog and the quite productive day I've had today have made me feel a lot better; I am a proper person who does proper things and doesn't just doss about all day playing on her new phone. Probably...

Apologies if this doesn't make a lot of sense, but being a proper person with an 8 to 5 job is really tiring! I'm going to google some weird things now, all in the name of research... I wish I could tell you but it would ruin the endings of what I'm writing at the moment!


-- Post From My iPhone

No comments:

Post a Comment